Oct 6, 2016

You Take My Breath Away


I had one of those moments with Little Prince today.  One of those moments when you catch your breath and tears fill your eyes with the shear magic of it and the depth of love you feel for this little person. 

You see, I have this habit of touching him when I walk by him.  I will lightly touch his cheek, rub his head, or something similar and although his autism means he doesn't usually like hugs or touching a lot, he likes this and he will lean his head into my hand like a kitten or a puppy does.  It is very sweet. 

Well today, I walked by while he was eating his lunch (or looking at his lunch actually) and on the way to check the mail, I touched his chest.  He took my arm and squeezed my arm tightly to his chest and said, "Hug!".  I was totally moved and just whispered, "Oh baby, I love you!" and he, squeezed my arm again and said, "I luv you!".  He held my arm tightly to his chest for a few minutes, pulling me down so that my cheek touched his head and said again, "I love you!" 

My boy wanted me to touch him, to love him and he said that he LOVED me!!!  He found a way through his autism to let me know just how much I mean to him and tears filled my eyes and I put my cheek to his hair and said, "Baby, I LOVE you!" again, just because.

It was a very special moment and one I want to remember when we are sitting up together in the middle of the night. 

No comments:

Twitter