May 14, 2013

Tackle it Tuesday - The Truck


(click the pic above to get to other Tackles for this week)
 
My tackle for this week is something I have been putting off.  I am nervous about it and I feel like I don't really know what I am doing, but a friend is taking me on a 3 hour drive to Yarmouth to do all the necessary paperwork to sign the truck over to the mechanic there.  If you remember, we were very excited to get this truck only to have it break down on our first long trip in it, leaving us stranded for 2 days in a town 3 hours away from home and the repairs were so far out of our budget that we had to leave the truck there and take a bus home.  Between the truck, the hotel, the gas, the food and everything we spent that week, that truck ended up costing us about $2000 that is now being signed over to the mechanic instead of paying for the repairs that would cost more than twice what we paid for the truck.  So today I am going down there and taking care of the final paperwork to get rid of that awful thing.  I just wish it hadn't happened when we were working so hard to get the funds together to move.  I really didn't need that loss.  It took every bit of savings we had and now we are starting over saving for our move and it is less than 2 months away!


 As a sidenote, we will get another vehicle in the future, but we will have to wait for a few months after our move.  So now we will spend the first 6 months in our new home, walking everywhere we want to go (with 4 kids!)

Oh well, maybe at least it will be a fun day, 2 moms out on the road for about 6 or 7 hours while the dads are each at their own home taking care of their babies!

No comments:

Twitter