Feb 16, 2013

BREAD PUDDING

I felt like making something nice for breakfast this morning.  So I am making (I am leaving out the walnuts and I think I might try adding coconut for a different flavor)  Now it isn't on my eating plan, but the kids will be sure to tell me if it is good or not. LOL:

BREAD PUDDING   
6 c. bread
1 can condensed milk
2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Break up day-old bread. Add condensed milk and regular milk to barely cover. Soak. Beat eggs with sugar, nutmeg, cardamom and cinnamon. Do not over-spice. Combine all with raisins and walnuts, transfer to baking dish. Set in pan of shallow water, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Update:  I read so many Jamaician Bread Pudding recipes that I decided to replace approx. 1/4 cup of the milk with some rum that Prince Charming bought for Christmas.  I also through in some berries I had in the freezer as well as a little coconut.  It is a bit of a conglomeration but the kids are eating it like it will disappear if they take their forks out of it.  So it must taste good.

No comments:

Twitter