Dec 27, 2012

Listening to Princess Belle.

Princess Belle has asked if we can go back to a Waldorf-inspired approach to homeschooling.  It really resonated with her and it was the only math approach that she enjoyed.  So while we will still be learning about the world we live in, and taking our journey around the world, including our feasts, starting in January, we will be returning a Waldorf-inspired approach.

I feel like I have to listen to her and what touches her in our learning.  We are making this journey together.  So, I will continue to make our home a place of learning, where there are lots of opportunity to learn, we will be including Waldorf once again.

There are so many part of Waldorf that I really like, so I am quite happy to listen to my girl and go with what moves her.  She is almost 11 years old and if some part of our homeschooling is what she enjoys the most, I want to foster that.  And truthfully, this approach to the whole child and nature and natural elements speaks to me and changes I have been making to our life. It is the way I will go when I approach the coming years with Princess Magpie and Princess Snifflefritz.

2 comments:

Julie said...

What is the Waldorf-inspired approach? Just curious as I've never heard that term before.

Twisted Cinderella said...

The Waldorf Method is based on the work of Rudolf Steiner and stresses the importance of educating the whole child—body, mind, and spirit. In the early grades, there is an emphasis on arts and crafts, music and movement, and nature. Older children are taught to develop self-awareness and how to reason things out for themselves. Children in a Waldorf homeschool do not use standard textbooks; instead, the children create their own books.

Twitter