Sep 16, 2012

So frustrating

I have family which insists on continually making stabs at me on facebook about their beliefs on homeschooling.  It infuriates me.  I mean, I didn't ask their permission, nor their opinion.   I am doing and will always continue to do what is best for my kids period.  I should let it go, and be all zen about it but I can't.  I DRIVES ME CRAZY!   I am not locking my kids up in a box, I am not keeping them from seeing other kids.  Trust me they get plenty of so called socialization and sometimes with the mean kids on our street, more than I would like.  In the neighbourhood we live in, I am really glad my kids don't spend all their time with the thugs and  hoodlooms who live around here and honestly, I would be concerned for their safety in the school, but even without that, there are GREAT homeschool associations around here, we have friends around here, we have plenty of opportunities for my kids to develop the friendships and skills that they will value all their lives and it has nothing to do with forcing them to sit in neat little rows all day and do exactly what their teacher wants them too.  I know public school is best for some families, I have no issue with that and I don't take stabs at them for it, but it is NOT best for my family.  Given the way my kids learn, the energy they have, and Princess Belle's Autism, we need to homeschool.  We have fun, we learn, and we learn together.  I like it, they like it, why does anyone else have to keep taking stabs at it????

Just this once, I took a couple of stabs on facebook myself with the following.  I hope you don't think less of me for doing it.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, I agree 100% and I love the fish graphic!

I've never understood why people feel the need to butt in and give their opinion on homeschooling. It's not like we run around pointing out every little flaw in the public school system but, when push comes to shove, I can't help but remind people that children don't go to school to "socialize". They get in trouble for talking without raising their hand, talking rather than quietly standing in line, etc.

I believe in "live and let live", and wish others did too. :)

Neen said...

I love love love the fish one!

Julie said...

I don't think less of you. You have a right to strike back so to speak. It angers me that your family is doing that though.

Hootin Anni said...

[I got a virus threat as your blog opened...just saying]

Anyway, I find absolutely NOTHING wrong or incorrect with home schooling!!! In fact the way things are with crimes and 'crazies' in some schools these days, I think you're wise in your decision!!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Thanks for your support.

re the virus threat. I got one regarding someones pic who is on my blogroll. I took them off my blogroll so I hope that takes care of the problem.

Julie said...

I used to get a lot of that from Joe's family... And now that Jared has mainstreamed, they make sure to tell me that it was the RIGHT decision, and the BEST for him, in a "knowing" manner. *rolls eyes* ... Makes me want to yank him back out, just to spite them! And keep the rest at HOME!

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Twitter