May 21, 2012

Tofu and Veggie Scramble

Last night I made the yummiest smoothie ever! I mixed 1 cup of frozen mangoes, one cup of chopped banana, 1 cup of almond milk, sweetener to taste and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. I blended it until it was thick, smooth and creamy. It was fabulous like the yummiest ice cream you ever had!

I am having a wonderful tofu scramble for my breakfast this morning.  I was inspired by the basic recipe that I read on the Happy Herbivore.

Tofu and Veggie Scramble

Ingredients
1 pound extra-firm tofu
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped broccoli
whatever veggies I can find in my fridge!

Instructions
Cook a broccoli and mushrooms and veggies in pan until tender. Drain excess water off of tofu and crumble tofu into pan. Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Continue to cook. Once the tofu has the right consistency, is not too watery, is yellow in color and is thoroughly warm, add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve. I like to top with chopped tomatoes

No comments:

Twitter