Feb 3, 2012

Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Snacks

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed

I tried something new today.  I wanted to make something different for the girls for breakfast.  They were a real hit and I will definitely be making these again.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup margarine (make sure it’s vegan!)
1/2 cup Peanut butter or nut butter of choice
1 1/2 cup raw sugar or sweetener or choice
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 cup raisins
3 cups rolled or quick cooking oatmeal

Steps:
1. Mix all ingredients together and drop in balls onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, or until done. Mine came out still in balls and the girls thought they were great.  These would be good with sunflower seeds or nuts in them and formed into bars as well.  I am going to try it that way next time.  VERY TASTY!

No comments:

Twitter