Feb 11, 2012

Mmm . . . Yummy!

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


We are having a nice relaxing Saturday today. I haven’t taken a my yucky medication yet and so I still have energy. I am thinking I may try to get some things done before I take it and feel miserable again. I just feel so good right now and I am enjoying it. For breakfast I wanted to make something yummy for the girls so here is what I made.

Leftover Rice Rice Pudding

2 cups leftover cooked brown rice
3 cups vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup sugar (I actually used a sweetener instead)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
Combine all ingredients in a rice cooker and let it run it’s cycle. It was easy and yummy. I will say you have to watch that it doesn’t bubble over in the rice cooker, but the girls loved it. They couldn’t even wait for it to cool toe at it.
If you have the patience, divide rice pudding into individual serving dishes serve warm or chilled.
Makes 4-6 servings.

I have a little extra chili in the house today and for lunch I thought I would make some cornbread and bake over top of it. I will let you know how it turns out!

Here is my idea:
Leftover Chili topped with Cornbread

Ingredients:
Leftover chili (or canned veggie chili)
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar (or sweetener)
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup water
Spread chili in the bottom of an oven safe dish. Then mix dry ingredients in a bowl with a fork or a whisk. Stir in wet ingredients but don’t mix too much.
Spread over chili and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are a little brown and tests done with a toothpick.

For supper I am making a hash of root veggies which is always a big hit in our house.

No comments:

Twitter