Feb 13, 2012

Baby stuff, homeschool and yummy food.

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed

I got more done on the nursery today. I was sorting through clothes and picking out the bags I was going to take to the hospital and puttering away at it all. I am feeling more confident that we will have it all done in time now. I did realize that I am going to have to shopping for some baby clothes, but truthfully picking out clothes for my new baby to wear is NOT a chore. LOL

I realized today that Lilly and I are doing REALLY REALLY well with our homeschool schedule for this year. I am going to have time to do unit studies and to take time off when I have the baby. I am so glad. The only thing we will have work on over the summer is math, but that is NOT our strong suit and it will be good to keep it fresh in her mind.

I made a kind of yummy breakfast bar this morning. It would be really really good with nuts in them too.

For supper I made a version of Pasta Puttanesca. I made it a little spicy and it was really really good. Even Lilly had two servings. MMmmmmm . . . yummy!

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Bars
Ingredients:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 cup raisins
3 cups rolled or quick cooking oatmeal

Steps:
1. Mix all ingredients together and press into a 8 x 13 pan. Bake 15 – 18 minutes, or until done. Cut while warm but don’t move until cooled. These were a little soft in the middle and VERY TASTY!

Pasta Puttanesca
pasta, any long variety of your choice
1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 – 2 tbsp capers
3/4 cup pitted brine-cured olives, chopped (use a combination of black and green)
12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, diced
2 large cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp olive brine
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste

Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente, then drain.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and sauté until over low heat until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the olives, roasted peppers, tomatoes, capers, olives and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low, and add the brine and tomatoes.

Cover and simmer for at least fifteen minutes.

Combine the cooked pasta with the olive sauce in a large serving bowl.

Season with salt and pepper, and toss together gently. Serve at once.

No comments:

Twitter