Jan 1, 2012

Good Start to the New Year

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


I hope everyone had a fabulous New Year and started the year off on a happy note.  I started mine off sleeping.  LOL.  That’s what a party animal this pregnant lady has become.  But I did get a lot of packing done today.  I am feeling a lot better about things.  I am feeling pretty confident that we will get everything done.

Wandering Aengus stayed up to welcome in the 2012.  At Midnight, when all the fireworks was going off, he peeked in at the girls to see if they were awake.  Nine year old Lilly was sound asleep, but 3 year old Rose was awake in her bed, so he tiptoed in and took her to the window to see the fireworks.  And as they stood there together, she kept exclaiming over the “butiful stars!”  It was very sweet.

I have been thinking about my goals for the year to come.  I know I will probably think of more but here are some things I would like to work on for this year:
  • concentrate on being healthy and losing weight after the baby is born.
  • get more creative in Lilly’s homeschooling.  She loves the creative things the best.
  • include field trips for the girls.  They are such learning experiences and the girls love them.
  • start some preschool with Rose.  She is such a smart little one, and she already tries and succeeds in learning so much.
  • get Rose completely potty trained, but don’t stress over it.  She is three but I know that she isn’t comfortable on the potty, so I need to work on this.  (I want this one done before Reed is born)
  • try to include the girls in Reed’s life when he is born so that they feel included.  I know that Rose is already sensitive and sometimes needs extra loving, and it is possible that Lotus will feel this way when she is no longer the youngest, so I want to be aware of this.
  • Concentrate on making sure that my girls are getting more healthy foods in their diet, including healthier snacks and lunches.
  • Get more natural foods from farmers and making more of my own stuff like bread.
  • Get everything unpacked as soon as possible after we arrive so that we can be settled before the end of this pregnancy.
  • Make sure Wandering Aengus knows how much I appreciate him and the way he is always there for me.

No comments:

Twitter