Jul 7, 2011

Hot

It is so hot here lately and our little teeny tiny house has no ventilation at all. It is stifling in here! UGH and it is only July 7th! I have been making our meals out of the slow cooker and I am going to be buying bread next time I get groceries instead of making it because I need to avoid turning on the stove as much as possible. Tonight's supper was a beef stew. Yesterday's was Shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches done in the slowcooker. It was really good.


Shredded BBQ Chicken

Simply put chicken breasts into a crockpot with about an inch of water, and pour your favorite barbeque sauce over it. Cook on low 6-8 hours, or until done. Remove the chicken from the pot, and place into a large bowl. Using two forks, pull the cooked chicken apart until it’s nicely shredded. Pour more BBQ sauce over and mix it all up well. Good by itself, or served on bread.

I thought I would share some pics of one of our favorite things to do with the girls these days. We take them to the park with sandwiches and snacks and after they are done eating, we set them free in the playground! Always a fun time!



Peeking over the picnic table


Princess Magpie sharing popcorn with her sister to make her happy.

The girls when they saw the park after the picnic

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's so hot, i was thinking about putting my crock pot outside to cook! haha.

Twitter