Jun 19, 2011

Adventures with Princess Belle


Kids are a riot. I will never understand the way that they think. My oldest cracks me up on a daily basis especially in her choice of things to panic over. Take today for instance:

Princess Belle: OH NO! The sink is overflowing!
Me and Prince Charming: Why? What happened?
Princess Belle: I can't get the water to turn off!
Me and Prince Charming: (looks at sink) this sink?
Princess Belle: yes
Me and Prince Charming: This sink with the bucket in it that is over flowing and the water that is going down the drain where it is supposed to? this sink?
Princess Belle: Yes, but I can't turn it off.
Me and Prince Charming: (turns off water, dumps out bucket and walks down hallway passing by the living room, looking in and seeing Princess Magpie and Princess Snifflefritz doing their best to swim in the mass quantities of water on the living room) Ummm . . . Princess Belle? What happened?
Princess Belle: I spilled it
Me and Prince Charming: Okay, so the water going down the drain where it was supposed to panics you, but the large amounts of water all over the living floor that your sisters are doing the breast stroke in didn't warrant a mention?
Princess Belle: (Silence)
Me and Prince Charming: (as we clean up the mess) Okay so let me on the sequence of events. Why did you bring a bucket of water into the living room?
Princess Belle: I forgot I was carrying it
Me and Prince Charming: Okay forgot you were carrying a large heavy bucket of water (sure I forget I am carrying around things that are large and heavy and splash on me and bang my legs all the time, don't you?). . . but why were you carrying a bucket of water?
Princess Belle: I was dumping down it the bathtub
Me and Prince Charming: You are aware that we have one of those newfangled tubs that has taps of its own, right?
Princess Belle: Um, yup
Me and Prince Charming: So why was the water in the living room, we don't keep our tub there.
Princess Belle: Princess Magpie cried and I came to help her.

(Here we insert much round and round conversation until you begin to see stars and you get a little dizzy whereby you discern that water was being dumped from the sink to the bathtub, for some unknown mysterious reason, and upon being distracted she lugged the heavy bucket into the living room, completely soaking the floor, the couches and her sisters, went back into the bathroom for another bucket, because she was apparently not done yet and then panicked when she couldn't turn off the water but she deemed informing us of our new indoor swimming pool unnecessary.)

On the upside, my living room floor hasn't been this clean in days!

I love my girls, life would be so boring without them.

#Autism

1 comment:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Heh heh heh...just a "normal" day, right?! ;)

On another note, that is a really great picture of her. She is growing up so fast and is such a beautiful little girl.

Twitter