May 29, 2011

Organizing

We had a very productive day. I went through the whole house organizing, cleaning and putting things away. The house looks really good now. I also created a new list of chores for Princess Belle and I as well as a new schedule. My schedule is simple and it has no times assigned, but it is perfect for us. Princess Belle was excited to see her new responsibilities (gotta love that new enthusiasm, I hope it lasts a while). She insisted we start the whole thing tomorrow, which was my plan anyway. It is easier to keep on top of things if you start from a good place.

I got my ideas from two places:
  1. The Duggar's website (Hey if it works for 19 kids and their parents, it should work just fine for my little family of five)
  2. The Maxwell Family Website:
I just looked their family schedules and used them as inspiration for my own. I have been unhappy with how disorganized I have been since the move and so I needed this to kick me in the butt and fix things.

I also instituted a scheduled nap time for both toddlers. Princess Snifflefritz napped every day anyway, but Princess Magpie rarely did. So this will be good for her.

I will put one little note in here that my simplifying the girls' wardrobes has done wonders for my laundry schedule. I am SOOO glad I did it. I still do laundry every day, but now I am on top of things for the first time in years!

1 comment:

Julie said...

We never follow schedules in the summer months, but are pretty good about it during the school year. I have to make sure that school worj and chores are done before I have to go to work.

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter