Apr 8, 2011

Friday Five


  1. I can't wait until the snow goes away and I can take my girls to the park. I can't wait to set them free running in the open grass and then set me free with a camera capturing the glorious freedom of summer.
  2. I am slowly getting things done for the move. It is stressful beyond belief and doing it with sick babies is horrible.
  3. At this moment, I am making bread, making muffins, and making coffee. I am NOT however packing. I should be and I will be, but I am TIRED.
  4. I will be so glad when this move is over. I can't wait to get to town. There are so many things I am looking forward to.
  5. This will be the first time I lived in St. John's with my own vehicle. The freedom is going to be amazing!!!!


Mexi-style Hash Brown Casserole

Ingredients:
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pkg mushrooms (optional)
2 cloves garlic
chili powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
onion powder to taste
2 cans condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1/4 cup sour cream
1 package Hash Browns (I used a little less than one full pack)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Combine the ground beef, mushrooms, garlic and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until beef is no longer pink, and the onion is translucent. Drain off excess grease, and add seasonings.
3. Return to the heat, and stir in the cheese soups, until well blended. Heat through, and remove from stove and stir in sour cream. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine ground beef mixture with a layer of Hash Browns.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. When the fries are golden brown, remove the casserole from the oven, and sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven, and bake just until cheese has melted.

No comments:

Twitter