Mar 29, 2011

Planning, Planning, Planning


I have so much going on right now that I have to plan for.

In the immediate future, I have to plan for our upcoming move. Prince Charming has a job and I need us to get there as soon as we can. I need to plan for the financial side of actually moving and I need to plan for the physical aspect of it. We need a way to move and we need a place to move to. This is some pretty basic important things to plan.

In the not to distant future, I am planning on our curriculum for next year. I have settled on Waldorf, I am just trying to decide on a provider. They are so sticky here on approving curriculum's, I really feel like I need to buy one from a company and I am leaning towards Live Education. As far as I can tell, they are a true Waldorf curriculum and they have Returning Family and Multi-Package Discounts. I am really really drawn to A Little Garden Flower, but Prince Charming wanted one that had all the books included and from a bigger more established company may make it easier to fight for.

I have a lot of stuff swirling around in my head and I am trying to make some pretty big decisions.

I am making a nice big batch of bread tomorrow. I love the smell of fresh bread in our house and I will probably make some Newfie toutons as a treat too.

Toutons are made when egg-sized pieces of bread dough are flattened and fried in oil in a pan on medium heat. Originally, toutons were made in the morning when the woman of the house put the day’s bread to bake, after letting it rise overnight. With a topping of butter, molasses, jam or syrup they became a tasty, filling breakfast.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hope you find a new house quickly!!! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Suzanne said...

Good luck moving, it is always so stressful:-) Have you looked at Donna Simmon's stuff? http://www.christopherushomeschool.org/home.html

I do remember some comments about Live Ed being pretty intense and demanding. If you join a yahoo group and I think The Little Flower Garden has one you can check archives on discussion regarding it. Good luck, making the final choice is stressful
too:-) Gee you will need a vacation after all this heavy decision making..LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your husbands new job and move! Praying for a smooth transition.

A Little Garden Flower does have a yahoo group(Melisa is great). I would join that way you can get a feel of her work without purchasing :).

Twitter