Mar 3, 2011

Homeschool thoughts

I second guess myself sometimes. I wonder if I am doing enough, teaching enough, giving enough to Princess Belle. But sometimes, something will come along and reassure me that I have been doing fine. It was like that with this curriculum I bought. I wanted to be sure I was teaching enough, so bought a boxed curriculum. But I am finding that a lot of it I have already taught her. (Which made me secretly smile to know that I had obviously been doing plenty) I have decided this weekend to go through it and pick out the parts we haven't taught and do that. It makes no sense to be rehashing things that I have taught her (sometimes more than once). I will go through all the math (since that is not a strong suit for her), but the science I am going to pick and choose the new things. I am changing up the history and geography to include Canadian content. Since she is from here, it just makes sense for her to know at least as much about Canada as she does about the US.

1 comment:

Julie said...

My SIL (who lives in Canada, and uses A Beka) had to incorperate Canadian history into their curriculum too. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter