Mar 18, 2011

Friday Five



I have been waffling a bit about the coming homeschool year, trying to make the best decisions regarding Princess Belle's curriculum, but I made some final decisions and I am very confident in them. I am even excited about the coming year.

Prince Charming has a job interview this week. Wish him luck! It will mean great things for us and I am really hopeful that he will get it.

Princess Magpie seems to be getting a little less jealous of Princess Snifflefritz lately. She hates to hear her cry and is quicker to help her out and give her things instead of taking things from her all the time. It is sweet to see.



I have come up with a cute solution regarding the carpet in the living room and kids snacks. I get out a blanket and they have a picnic in the living room. they get a kick out of it and it protects the carpet. I only wish I had come up with this idea when we first moved here! (ignore the mess you see creeping in on the edge of this pic, I haven't had a chance to clean up their other messy bits yet)



I made a fun supper for my family yesterday that was a big hit. When I made bread, I made one loaf on a round cookie sheet and made it a big round loaf. After it was cooked, I cut it in two, scooped out some of the center (saved for bread crumbs) and filled the center with pizza type fillings, a little tomato sauce, some deli meats, some cheese and some cooked ground beef. Then I heated it up. When I was done it looked a little like a giant hamburger, but Prince Charming said it tasted like a homemade oven-sub. They only managed to eat half of it and ate the rest of it for breakfast and lunch today! I have a pic of it (notice the teaspoon to compare size)

3 comments:

borboletabella said...

I love how you homeschool your girls!! I have thought about doing the same but Im so afraid of not teaching them the right things the right way! I might be doing a harm to them instead of really helping them succeed in life!
what advise do you have? I just began blogging about a month ago and If you have suggestions i'd appreciate them. feel free to follow me @ http://borbeletabella.blogspot.com

Kelly L said...

Love the sandwich... My kids love picnics in front of the TV... when they were little and now as teens.. When they were sick - I would make a tent in front of the TV.. blankets galore.. they loved it - and still have fond memories..
I've Become My Mother
Kelly's Ideas
Amazing Salvation

Julie said...

We always used a blanket on the floor for snacks. It is a good way to protect the carpet...

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter