Feb 26, 2011

White Knights

Well, the bread I made yesterday is my favorite by far. It is light and fluffy and yummy. Now I did use water instead of milk, I let it rise a little extra and I didn't use nearly the amount of flour they said, but it was pretty much perfect.

I went out and replaced our windshield wipers today. They were bad and needed to be replaced, but after I replaced them, they started acting funny. Well, to be fair they acted funny occasionally in the past, but not enough to be a problem. But, after we replaced them, they one wiper fell off. I went back I got a more expensive wiper and bought it instead. It stayed on, but the wipers still acted funny, they were getting tangled up in each other, or it was going to far to one side and getting stuck off the side of the windshield. Either way, it was raining and snowing and the wipers weren't working hardly at all now. I was upset.

After a lot of stress and trying to figure things out, I took the van to the Ford Dealership and of course, the parts and service department was closed for the weekend. When I was told that by the salesman, I just lost it and walked away crying. I just couldn't afford an expensive part replacement and I had spent all my extra money on those darned expensive wipers! I guess he felt bad because he came out and looked at the van. He even went in to see if he could get any tools to see if he could help me out. But all the toolboxes were locked and he couldn't help me out. I was so grateful for him being kind enough to try.

I then went to the Canadian Tire. The man behind the desk gave me an price estimate and he told me to drive right in. Well, I am embarrassed to say at this point I was crying again. I guess I was over-tired, over-stressed, and over budget and I just didn't know I was going to make all this work. The man lifted the hood, fixed it up and when I pulled out my wallet, he kindly waved me on my way without charge.

I was lucky enough to meet two White Knights in Shining Armour Coveralls who were willing to help a damsel in distress an over-tired mommy. I don't usually cry in public and I kept apologizing for crying this time, but I am glad they helped me out. And I am glad my dear best friend was there with me to help me hold it together.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Aw I'm sorry you had such an emotional day. How wonderful that you find two White Knights in shining coveralls to help you. :)

Julie said...

Sounds like a frustrating day. Glad it's over, and glad you got it fixed!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter