Feb 20, 2011

Sunday Sum-up

Well my girls seem to be feeling a little better today. they are more themselves, which does this mommy's heart good.

Today Princess Belle and I made Apple Cinnamon Loonie Pancakes. It was a fun recipe that I found and she really liked making. She loves reading the recipe, doing the measuring, and mixing and learning how to make things. I like that the small size pancakes cooked very quickly. I can't wait to try to teach her to make bread!

Apple Cinnamon Loonie Pancakes

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1 apple, shredded
1 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preparation

Combine milk, egg, oil, and apple in medium sized bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated.

Lightly grease a 10" (25 cm) frying pan and warm over medium high heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls (15mL) into hot pan. Cook until bubbly and puffy. Turn and cook other side. Serve hot with maple syrup.


Edited to add:

my best friend just lost her father today and my heart breaks for her. I know he was sick for a long time, but I still ache for the pain that she is going through now. I LOVE her with all my soul and I am here for her in whatever way she needs me to be.


1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends' loss...

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter