Feb 12, 2011

Re-focussing my life

I have decided to make some changes in my life. I want to simplify and re-focus.
  • I want to be more present in my own life.
  • I want to spend less time on the computer and more time with my kids, more time taking care of the house, more time doing old fashioned cooking.
  • I want to get up in the morning and get my kids cleaned up, get them dressed, and then make them a real breakfast that doesn't involve the microwave or the toaster and I want to focus more on them.
  • I want to rid our house of a lot of superfluous things like sooooo many clothes, (I think 10 outfits each is fine).
  • I want to simply their toys and limit them to 15. They are in this with me and Princess Belle at least seems enthusiastic about it.
  • I want to be more creative again. I want to have more natural things around our home. I want to bring nature into our home.
  • I want to spend time with my kids outside.
  • I want to remember that learning happens too when you are simply learning to live in our world. I want to teach them about the world and how it is.
  • I want to do more bulk shopping and simplify our menu.
  • I want to do more baking again, including fresh bread sometimes.
I am really enthusiastic about this endeavor. It will take some time to implement, but a part of it is slowing down and enjoying the every day time with my kids and making better use of the time that I have.

Like today, I turned on the music and the kids and I danced ourselves silly. It was great fun, we all got involved (even Princess Maggie and Princess Snifflefritz) and Princess Belle said it was the highlight of her day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good luck!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter