Feb 11, 2011

I have a secret


My baby girl (Princess Snifflefritz) has been waking me up at earthshatteringly early hours the last little while. It has resulted in a very tired mommy. I make jokes about how the sun will actually rise whether or not I am there to see it, I talk about intravenous coffee drips to keep me going and I go to bed early to try to counteract the effects.



But here's the secret . . . in the early morning hours, with my one-year-old baby girl cuddling me in the dark, I actually don't mind. She is so sweet and cuddly and gentle and relaxed at that early hour, I just soak up the baby-ness of her. She always so busy during the day chasing around her sisters, stealing their toys and sneaking snacks of their plates, that I don't get a lot of cuddles.

She is such a Daddy's Girl that when he is around, the cuddles are all his. But in those early hours, before the sun has even thought about rising, when most normal people are still snug in their beds . . . we cuddle on the couch, warm and snug under a blanket and just love on each other a little.

After my last baby girl goes back to bed, I go into the kitchen and try to get one cup of coffee in before my next baby girl (Princess Magpie) wakes up and wants her morning snuggles too.

3 comments:

Julie said...

There's nothing better than early morning snuggles... :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Susan Evans said...

How sweet! I wish I had done more of that when my kids were younger. Good for you!

kewkew said...

Aww, definitely need to get those snuggles in while you can. Thanks for stopping by and sharing on Throwback Thursday Blog-Style. So thankful for your continued participation. I love seeing your posts. Can't wait to see what you share this week.

Twitter