Jan 25, 2011

A stroke of genius? . . . Maybe not

Okay so I had a bit of an klutzy day today. If I could drop it, knock it over, or fall over it, I was going to. I felt better, I wasn't tired but I was klutzy. I fell down climbing over the safety gate into the kitchen with all my weight landing on one knee and twisting one wrist trying to catch myself. And as the day progressed, I started to feel sore. And here is where my stroke of not-so-much genius came in. I began to think about all of the snow on our bridge and steps. I knew that I didn't want to be snowed in again tomorrow. So I decided to go shovel us out now before I got too sore to do it later. It never even occurred to me to wait for Prince Charming to come home to do it. After I was done, my wrist was really hurting and I couldn't bend my knee. And as I sat down to drink a nice hot cup of tea, and felt the throbbing pain from my fall, it occurred to me that since I was hurting so I decided to go out and shovel. That may not have been the smartest thing I have ever done.

So to top off my day, while the family's supper was cooking I decided try to roast a few slices of potato in the oven (an experimental recipe). It was a bit of a disaster (blame the klutz in me today) and as I was trying to take out one of the slices to test whether it was done, I dropped it into the gap between the oven and oven door. I tried to close the oven door to see if it would fall all the way through, and banged the oven rack with the remaining potato slices on it and all the rest of the potato slices fell through the bars of the oven rack with one of them landing on the element and even catching on fire.

So how was YOUR day?

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh dear! Not fun

Julie said...

Sounds like you didn't have a very good day at all. :( ... Hope tomorrow is better!

http://scrapgrrl.com

Justme said...

Wow :( That kind of makes my day seem not so bad at all. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Jamie said...

I had the same day a couple of weeks ago.First I fell walking down to the dogs carrying an 5 gallon bucket of water(strait onto my back) then I fell coming out of the Chicken barn(onto my knees).Lets just say I was biting my tongue and wishing I was in the house not out inthe Snow freezing.
Thanks for following

Cory said...

And I thought I was having a blonde day when I couldn't remember how to check to see if a computer had IIS installed...I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, I stopped by to comment on what a lovely blog and family you have. :)(I LOVE your title and all about me) but read of your day.

Hope you are alright and tomorrow goes much better for you.

Blessings,
Kim

Twitter