Jun 22, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Well, as you can see I have rearranged things around here a bit. I just got to thinking that I was tired of green and needed to spruce things up a bit. I have to say, I really like this color scheme. The pink is courtesy of Princess Belle who informed me when I asked her opinion that if she was choosing a color, it would be pink because that is her favorite color. LOL

I was up WAY to early this morning. One child got up and the proceeded to wake up everyone else in the house, you know how that goes. But it is only 9 am and I have done dishes and laundry already this morning, so that is something.

I am still trying desperately to find a house to move into. I am amazed at how much rent prices have gone up in the last 4 years. They have increased by almost 50%, and of course our income has not increased by that much so it does cause some difficulties. But, at this point, I just want something to be available. Anything at all. I found a place an hour from where I want to live that costs $350 more than the last two I looked at and I am still considering it. That is how desperate I am to get out of here and make my girl's life better.

Princess Snifflefritz has gone back to waking me once a night now that she has her tooth in. Please let us hope that she doesn't get any more for a while. I need the rest.

Princess Magpie has taken to taking off all her clothes when she in her room "sleeping". This is so NOT fun. I was thinking about transitioning her to a toddler bed, but I am not ready for her to have full access to her room when she is making messes like that. EEEEWWWW

I have come to the conclusion, I am listening to entirely too many kids shows throughout the day. I find myself working away quietly humming a Wiggles or Imagination Movers tune. This is no good. LOL I also find myself rocking a baby that isn't in my arms any more and pushing the broken baby swing when there is no baby in it. (It is broke so I sit beside her doing something else with one hand and pushing her with the other.) Yes ladies and gentlemen, I am slowly losing my mommy brain entirely. If you find me standing still in the grocery store with a cart full or formula, diapers, peanut butter and goldfish, staring blankly into space, quietly rocking a bag of flour while singing a Wiggles tune. Please forgive this sleep deprived mommy and point me in the direction of the checkout, okay?

2 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Imagination movers...oh yeah...imagination movers..uh-huh...Oh sorry. I think I watch too many too. :-)

Julie said...

When my kids were little, it was always the Veggie Tales theme song and the Winnie the Pooh theme song... Oh, and TOY STORY, courtesy of Jared. *lol*

Oh... How I miss those days...

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter