Apr 1, 2010

Thursday Thirteen #89

Thursday Thirteen

I thought this would be a good post to post 13 random thoughts that are running through my sleep-deprived, scattered, brain.
  1. I got groceries today. It is such a pain in the butt to have to pay someone to take me into town to get groceries. I can't wait until we have a car so I can go on my own. I hate having the driver follow me through the store. I hate that he is waiting for me. I hate that I feel like I am wasting his time. I keep rushing and forgetting things. UGH
  2. On the upside, I got an ink cartridge today so now I get to print off new and fun things to supplement our homeschooling. It is so fun! I can't wait to prepare next weeks lessons!
  3. I have heard that Abeka is providing free shipping for the month of April! I wonder if that applies to Canada too? I am going to look into it.
  4. My dryer is broken. What a pain in my butt!! So I am going to try to budget this month for a new used dryer and the curriculum for next year.
  5. I wish I could snap my fingers and this big butt of mine would be back to a more normal shape. It would be lovely to have all this excess weight gone. It would be lovely to have some idea of how to get there.
  6. I don't remember the last really good nights sleep I had. Princess Snifflefritz has this habit of waking up at 4 am and then every 1/2 hour to 1 hour after that. All night long. And I got to bed at around midnight so I can have some evening time with Prince Charming and so that I can go to sleep after she is actually sleeping for the night. I feed her at about midnight and she wakes up 4 hours later.
  7. I actually found out that someone relatively near me is homeschooling too! We are talking via e-mail and it is kind of nice to know that I am not alone in this.
  8. I am going to be joining CHENL soon and I am going to their conference in May. It will be so good to see other homeschoolers face to face.
  9. I can see vast improvements in Princess Belle lately. She is so much more relaxed and that has enabled her to come alot further. I know I am doing the right thing for her.
  10. Princess Magpie has the cuteness level up on max lately. She is a giggly, loving, sweet bundle of cuteness. I LOVE this age.
  11. Princess Snifflefritz is sweet and smiley. I really enjoy her sparkly eyes. I do wish she would eat more at once so she would eat less often, but I am sure that will come with time.
  12. I am the kind of mom who puts her family first at all times. When we go shopping, my mental dialogue goes like this, "I'll get this for the kids. I'll get this for the kids. Prince Charming would like this. I'll get this for the kids. This is good for the family as well as me, so I'll get it. I'll get this for the kids. I was going to get this for me, but we really can't afford it, so I will get it next time. That means that I have a long list of things I need but never get; shoes, clothes, bra, vegetarian foods so I feel better, etc.
  13. I love to do research. I love to learn new things. I am glad that homeschooling allows me to do research on a regular basis and then share it with my girl. It is fun for her and she learns fun and interesting things.

2 comments:

Janet said...

re: #5 - I'm on a weight loss journey and some tips that have helped me is to cut down on portion size, to use Sandwich Thins, and eat crunchy snacks such as apples or celery with a bit of peanut butter. Lots of water, too, at least 64 ounces a day. I've lost 30 pounds since September 2008. Good luck!

Julie said...

I don't get new things very often either... My clothes have to be FALLING APART before I get new ones... You should see my workout shorts. They need to be thrown in the garbage! *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter