Apr 2, 2010

Friday Five


  1. I am planning our homeschool week for next week. This week will be Spring activities. it is a bit of work to be creative enough to include Spring themed activities for each subject but the payoff in attention from Princess Belle is big.
  2. I am trying a workbox type deal with Princess Belle. I have two sets of files in a filing box. The first set is an empty file for each subject. Every day I will fill each empty file with activities for Princess Belle to do. After she is done, I put her work in the corresponding subject file in the back of the filing box. That way I can easily sort through the things she has accomplished.
  3. Prince Charming has convinced me that we should revert to disposable diapers. At least until we get our washer and dryer fixed. And probably for afterwards too. I have a lot on my plate and this would be one less thing for me to keep on top of.
  4. My best friend is coming to town for the weekend. I am glad to see her.
  5. I am considering the curriculum for next year. My plan is to do Abeka for most subjects but I am considering Math U See for her math. She really likes manipulatives and doing her work hands on instead of just reading it. So this makes a lot of sense for her.

3 comments:

Kelly L said...

Happy Good Friday - my kids did Abeka for years at a private christian school - they both were tested and ranked in top percentile on math, reading, vocabulary.. but I noticed that every year - life science is average... hmm

Love to you
Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Nathalie St-Pierre Roths said...

Looks like you are keeping busy on this good Friday! Hopefully you'll be all caught up when Easter Sunday rolls in.

Happy Easter to you!

Nathalie Roths
Art Director / Directrice artistique
nathalie@photo-cartes.ca
Notes and Photos / Photo-cartes
www.notesandphotos.ca
www.photo-cartes.ca

Julie said...

My SIL uses Abeka and loves it. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter