Apr 28, 2010

Forever Grateful

I had a moment today. One of those mommy moments that make you stop in gratitude and take your breath away. I was holding Princess Snifflefritz as she slept quietly after having her four month needles today. And little bundle of sweetness that she is, she started to laugh in her sleep. I watched her little lips curled up in a smile and I could feel her laughter jiggling her little belly against mine. I remembered those last few days in hospital before her birth. I remember how scared we all were because she was getting so lathargic and still. I remember talking to her and holding my belly and whispering to her softly, begging her, "Hold on little one. Just hold on a little longer." And I looked down at her today in my arms, I thought of how gentle and happy she is and she brings such joy and light to our lives. I looked at her smiling, sleeping, holding tightly to my shirt and all I could think was, "Thank you, little one. Thank you for holding on until Mommy could hold on to you." I am forever grateful that I get to love and hold my girls.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Aww...you made me tear up! :)

Julie said...

Beautiful post!

Twitter