Mar 14, 2010

Princess Sleeps-a-lot's New Name


I have to admit that we have had a not very flattering nickname for our littlest Princess. See when she is hungry and when she wakes up, she doesn't often cry. She will if you leave her long enough (no, I am not mean enough to leave her, shame on you for thinking that! I meant like when I am busy doing something crazy like visiting the bathroom.) But anyway . . . she doesn't wake up crying. She wakes up snorting and sniffling. Her snorts and sniffles get louder and then she graduates to crying. If she is trying to turn her head to get the bottle and she misses (even though I have the bottle actually touching her lips, she is not a coordinated baby) she starts snorting and sniffling.

As a result of this, we have always called Princess Snorts-a-lot at home. I could never use such an unflattering name for someone sooo cute on the blog, so we named her after her other favorite hobby, constantly sleeping for 1/2 hour stretches before waking to once again sip at her bottle, Princess Sleeps-a-lot.

I have been thinking that I am fairly certain, she will not be like that forever (I can't see her waking up to eat every 1/2 hour when she is 5 years old, mommy would lose what is left of her mind!) Well, tonight we came up with a different moniker for our adorable child. She has now graduated to Princess Snifflefritz. I do realize that she will stop sniffling at some point too, but that name is just too cute for words and I have declared that it will stick even after she learns that asking for food is so much louder than sniffling for it.


I have to add here that I love sitting her listening to her little baby sighs and babble too. There something incredibly sweet about that, not to be even compared to when she looks up at you and babbles directly into your face, smiling with delight when she sees she has your attention.

1 comment:

Julie said...

When Amanda was an infant she would squeek in her sleep, and she was also VERY TINY... So we called her "pip-squeek" for a while. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter