Oct 2, 2009

Friday Five


  1. I love that Princess Belle has really taken to education at home and to the fact that she can learn things at other times than just when we are sitting together at the table. She has taken to watching certain shows because "she can learn things". And today, she pulled out a couple of the Science books for this year and started reading them, then she set herself up in the kitchen and started doing some of the experiments in the books. I love that schooling at home has given her back a love of learning.
  2. I made a super easy, super cheap version of Sheppards pie that I really liked today. I took a little bit of frozen corn put in the bottom of a pan. I cooked up some ground beef with some seasoning and a bit of beef broth thickened just a little and poured it over the corn. I prepared some instant mash potatoes I had on hand and layered them over the ground beef, grated a bit of cheese over top and baked in the oven until the cheese was melted. It was easy, delicious and disappeared quickly.
  3. I am really craving veggies right now. I wish I had more on hand. I could just down and eat a whole bunch of steamed broccoli, and follow it up with a nice salad. Yuummmmmmmm!!
  4. I wish money grew on trees. This move is costing quite a bit of money and I am hating the whole tight, tight, tight budget aspect of it. But it will be worth it once we get there.
  5. Cloth diapering is going well. I am loving the 3 layered Kushies diapers I was given from Sears. Princess Magpie does have a rash, but she has been fighting this rash since before we started cloth diapering. It isn't as bad since going cloth, but it hasn't gone away either. I am going to take her in to get seen so I can her healed once and for all.



2 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

I, too wish money grew on trees! I would become a tree farmer. ;)

The shepherds pie recipe sounds delish!

Julie said...

Yes, it would be nice to have more money, wouldn't it? ... Any date set on the move yet?

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter