Aug 21, 2009

Friday Five


  1. We bought our homeschool supplies yesterday. Princess Belle was with us and helping us pick out things. It was such a fun time and it was great to see her so excited. We have a few things we still want to get, (such as a World map, a Canada map, a white board (or chalk board) for household messages, notes for future homeschool days etc., and a table top white board for using to help her with her school work.
  2. When I asked her if she was excited, she said, "Yes, because in school she just tells me what to do. You can help me when I need you." It warmed my heart. I even created a schedule for the first week and put in on the fridge for her to see. She loves the visual reminder and she keeps looking at it.
  3. Princess Belle is so excited about homeschool that she has asked that we start on Monday instead of September 1st. I decided that I wanted to capitalize on her excitement and we are going to start on Monday. We are even crossing off the days on the Calendar. Her first words to me this morning were, "Three More Sleeps Mommy!!!"
  4. There have been some definite hits on our menu plan this week. Hamburger soup was a huge hit and it was sooo easy!!!
  5. Princess Belle and I worked to finish cleaning up the nursery this morning. It is sparkly clean. All that is needed is to move the toddler bed up from the basement for Princess Magpie before Baby Victoria is born.

3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Sounds like you've gotten a lot done!

Julie said...

How fun! ... My kids are the same way... They whine all August long, because summer vacation is almost over... But then I start buying school supplies, and setting things up and they start to get excited. Then they can't wait to start... It lasts about a week, and then they are looking forward to the weekends again. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com

Muthering Heights said...

It's so cute that she is EXCITED for school...may she never grow out of her enthusiasm!

Twitter