Jul 26, 2009

Sunday Smiles

There are certain things that never fail to make me smile. Certain things that happen in every day life that give me a little thrill of happiness or at least a secret little smile in my soul.
  • Whenever Prince Charming or I use the phrase, "My Girls". There were so many years that there was simply Princess Belle. She was my only girl and I wanted so badly to give her a sister, to have more children. Now I have my girls and whenever I use that phrase I am reminded just how lucky I am.
  • When Prince Charming speaks about me using the phrase, "My Wife". For so many years I was alone. I never even met Prince Charming until I was 28 years old. I had resigned myself to the fact that as much as I wanted to be married and have a family, I was going to be alone for the rest of my life. Then along came Prince Charming and swept me off my feet, married me, making me his wife and I am so proud to be able to called "His Wife".
  • When my girls call me, "Mommy." Again, I have wanted to be a mommy to three children since I was a little little girl. I remember playing at being a mommy in my room. When my girls call me "Mommy," I am reminded again just how lucky I am to be their mom, to be the person who kisses their booboos, to give them hugs when they cry, to be the reason their eyes light up when they walk into a room, to have my dreams finally coming true.
  • When I feel my baby move inside me. When I feel my baby move, it feels like a secret conversation between s/he and I as if my baby is giving me a poke and saying, "Hi, I am here, mommy." and I find myself talking to my baby, holding conversations with him/her. It may look silly to everyone else, but I cherish those moments with my baby.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those are precious moments!

Twitter