May 11, 2009

Shades

It is funny how being pregnant colors everything, every part of your day. It is pouring rain outside today. I am exhausted from cleaning Princess Belle's room and I still have to clean the kitchen and make supper. And as I sit here taking a breather with Princess Magpie, all I can think of is that the reason I am so worn out is that I am growing a little person inside me and that takes a lot of energy. (It isn't because of the full basket of laundry, full garbage bag of ripped up paper and the like I pulled out of Princess Belle's room, or because of how very heavy Princess Magpie is to carry up to bed. That's not why I am tired I swear!)

I am conscious when I eat that I want to eat good foods for the baby. When I made coffee, I made decaf. Everything I do is done with this little thought of a brand new baby inside me.

I have other thoughts too. How does a person with three children ever go grocery shopping? How will I keep this gosh-darned dog out of two babies stuff? Can I still rock Princess Magpie before bed if I have a baby to take care of? How do you do this whole parents of three thing? I guess it would have been good to figure this out before I was pregnant, but oh well, when have I ever done things the easy way. I have nine months to figure this out. I am a pretty easy-going adaptable parent, I am sure it will all work out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, being a parent of 3 or 4 and grocery shopping can be a litle tricky (the taxi factor) but the easy way to slove it is to leave the kiddies home with daddy or send him out with the list lol...

Tasha said...

You just take one day at a time. We don;t go out much, so when we go grocery shopping its a family trip..Its stressful, because daddy has a hard time sticking to the list, but its always fun for our weekly outing!

Julie said...

As far as bedtime rocking... Give them different bed times. I always put the older kids to bed (with a snuggle and a book) first, while Joe held the baby. Then I would start the bedtime routine with the baby. Worked out well!

Twitter