Apr 7, 2009

Conversations with a seven year old

Prince Charming and Princess Belle were watching a nature survivor type show.

Princess Belle: What is he eating?
Prince Charming: Raw Fish
Princess Belle: Eeew, I am not eating that!

A few minutes later . . .

Princess Belle: What is he eating now?
Prince Charming: A frog
Princess Belle: OOooh I wouldn't do that! He is eating nature!
Prince Charming: You don't eat nature? Are plants nature?
Princess Belle: No
Prince Charming: Are animals nature?
Princess Belle: Yes.
Prince Charming: But what do you think that ham you just had is? What about that wiener?
Princess Belle: *Starting to cry* But I DONT WANT TO EAT NATURE! I won't eat it anymore.
Prince Charming: *the original carnivore, looks at me* Where did I go wrong, I have a vegetarian treehugger daughter.
Me: *to Princess Belle who is crying hysterically at the thought of all the cute animals she has eaten* I'll tell you what, when I go shopping, I will see what kinds of ham I can find that aren't made from nature okay?
Princess Belle: *sniffs* okay. *snuggling back down to watch the offending man with daddy*

A little while later, you can tell that this conversation is on her mind and the thought of giving up ham and chicken and wieners is a lot to bear.

Princess Belle: I think I can eat nature as long as it is all chopped up and doesn't look like nature.

4 comments:

Notsosnowwhite said...

omg friggin hilarious.... that is so belle... love it

Kelly L said...

I love Princess Bella's reasoning...very mature for her age!!!

Dee said...

LOL!! Too funny!

Julie said...

Oh goodness! Could she be any cuter?

Twitter