Mar 13, 2009

Lifestyles of the Almost Crawling

I saw this and had to share it. It just made me giggle. It is just too true.

Lifestyles of the Almost Crawling

• G.I. Jane: Baby slides silently on stomach, pushing off with only her tippy toes.
• Kickstand: Baby gets up on hands and one knee, but second leg sticks out to the side and appears to be cemented into the floor.
• Drag racing: Baby achieves successful forward motion, but drags one foot behind her like it's a weight tied to her body with a leg.
• A little backward: Baby sees a desired object, only to experience frustration when crawling moves her farther away from it.
• The crab: Baby moves sideways in a "scuttling" motion.
• Roll over Beethoven: Not so much crawling as a kind of blowing-tumbleweed movement from one spot to another. But hey — whatever works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each of my kids did one of those versions. *lol*

Emily said...

Too funny!! A little backward is my favorite!

Jordan McCollum said...

LOL! I love that "weight tied to her body with a leg" line.

My 7 month old does GI Jane and Roll over Beethoven so far, but we're on week two of the "don't you dare put me down can't you see I'm TEETHING" phase, so I'm not sure how much she can really do anymore, LOL.

Twitter