Feb 3, 2009

TRIBUTE TUESDAY



Welcome to TRIBUTE TUESDAY a chance to let that someone who has made a difference in your life feel special by paying them tribute.

I want to pay tribute to my special big girl, Princess Belle. She is truly the kindest girl I have ever met and she has the biggest heart. When her daddy was on a diet, she asked him if he could have her snack. When he said he couldn't because he was trying to make his belly better, (we are trying to avoid discussing weight with her) she said she would put some away so that he could have it later when he felt better. When we went shopping the other day, she was listening carefully to our trying to find gluten free food. We didn't discuss it with her but she was listening. And when she had a snack yesterday she asked me, "Mommy, does this have gul in it?" It took me a few minutes to realize she was asking me if it had gluten because she wanted to share.

She is so responsible. She takes good care of her puppy midnight. When she is home, she puts him out to pee, she gets him untangled when he (as always) gets his chain tangled.

When her sister cries in her crib, she is quick to run in and entertain her until mommy can get there. She is always willing to fetch a diaper, or to put one in the diaper genie. She takes great joy in playing with her sister and making her laugh.

She takes joy in life. She is constantly on the verge of some new song she either heard or invented. She plays with a vivid imagination and a sense of adventure that I admire. I love how her bedroom turns into a doll house and then a fort that she can sit in and watch tv and then a magic kingdom. (I don't love the mess it entails but that is another story) I just love how she can turn regular every day things into wonderous places to play.

She used to be so picky with her eating but over the last year, she has become so much more adventurous, trying new foods and learning to like them.

She is the most understanding child I have ever met. When told that her birthday party was cancelled due to stormy weather and we would have to reschedule, she just said sadly, "I told the sky to be too cold to snow." and then went on her way. When told that we are out of one of her favorite snacks and that she will have to wait until payday to get more, she just asks what we do have that she can eat. She never complains about it, she is just understanding.

I am proud of the smart, caring, adventurous, loving girl that she has become. I can't wait to see what kind of girl she continues to be.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! ... I love that bottom picture of her with the puppy. So cute!

Wayne said...

What a great tribute tuesday. little Princess Belle sounds like a truly amazing girl and she has a wonderful imagination.

This is a awsome tribute to a great little girl

Thankyou so much for taking part in tribute tuesday

Tasha said...

what a great girl.

Jennifer said...

She's beautiful. You must feel so lucky to have her in your life.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are getting so big. They're beautiful! I hope life is well for you. I've been so busy with the new little one and...life that blogging has taken a back seat!

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful family and lot of love

Twitter