Feb 12, 2009

Thursday Thirteen #79

Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Things Twisted Cinderella has NOT done no matter what my kids and dog might tell you. LOL

  1. I absolutely DID NOT wake up with a headache this morning, get terrible gluten cravings, and being alone in the house with the baby (who can tell no one) go into the snack cupboard and pull out not one but three gluten-filled snacks and pig out. Not Me!
  2. After not eating such snacks, I absolutely DID NOT put the packages in the garbage in hopes that no one would see my moment of weakness.
  3. And after not hiding the evidence, I did not sit there paying the digestive price, thinking to myself, that was so worth it.
  4. Sitting here in the living room, typing this out, I DID NOT decide that maybe it would be better not to have temptation in our house when I am sick.
  5. The other Night, when Princess Belle was being stubborn about eating her supper, I DID NOT lose patience and actually argue with my 7 year old daughter about eating that last tiny little bit of chicken. I am a picture of patience all the time and never lose it with my daughter when she doesn't deserve it.
  6. After getting a call from the school yet again about Princess Belle's lack of concentration and her moody behavior, I absolutely DID NOT become frustrated with the wait for her ADHD testing and decide to take matters into my own hand and decide to try to adjust her diet to help her.
  7. When putting Princess Maggie to bed, and hearing her fuss I absolutely DID NOT set a timer for five minutes so that I could comfort myself saying, "it is only for five minutes and then you can go get her" so that she would learn to calm herself.
  8. When she cried, I absolutely DID NOT sit there and cry too.
  9. I DID NOT talk to the dog and baby and explain to them that mommy needs more than a few hours in a row. I am fully aware that they can't talk. I am a rational human being who can survive on as little sleep as possible and still be bright eyed and chipper in the morning.
  10. I absolutely DID NOT tell Princess Belle that I was tired of fighting over combing her hair in the morning and that I was getting it cut. I am the picture of Mary Poppins patience and can sing her a spoonful of sugar to make it easier to comb her long beautiful hair.
  11. After NOT telling her I was going to cut her hair, I DID NOT bribe her by telling her I would get the same cut so that if anyone said she looked like a boy, she could say she looked like me instead.
  12. I DID NOT sit in my living room in a headache-filled haze, look at the dog hair in the corners of my living room and think, "Screw it, I can't face it today." and then ignore it as it yelled at me all day about what a bad housekeeper I am.
  13. I am NOT delusional and my house DOES NOT judge me about much worse a housekeeper I am than my mother was and how she would be appalled at the state of my house on my best day. I absolutely DO NOT feel that I should be sweeping my floor three times a day every day. I absolutely DO NOT feel guilty that my bed doesn't get made every day and that Prince Belle's room is a permanent state of disaster.


14 comments:

Kristen said...

I have two kids with ADHD; one that takes one med and is fine and one that takes 4 meds and isn't fine. The Feingold Diet really helps if you can handle it. We saw marked improvement when we did it, but the child in question hated it and cheated at friends' houses, so we stopped. Good Luck!

Carmen Shirkey Collins said...

I think talking to pets/babies that can't talk back is actually more helpful. They can't try to solve the problem, they just listen. :)

Anonymous said...

Well darn. You really should have set the timer. And good for you for not worrying about the stupid dog hair or a mother whom you do NOT need to live up to anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your talking to your dog as well as your children. Once I found myself chastising my dog, Pixel. There I stood one hand on my hip, one finger wagging at her, as I shrilled, "what did you just say to me???" OMG, shades of my mother and insanity setting in!

My TT is 13 Pieces of Vintage Valentine's Art - oh, and some of my pop art heart art too!

Happy Valentine's and TT!

Unknown said...

LOL I think we all have days like this. Don't worry about the housework. It will still be there when you feel like doing it.
Happy Valentine Day!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

It is so good to know that you don't talk to your dog either, or take things out on your kids, or cry when your baby cries.

I don't know any of those things either.

Tasha said...

We all have our days...Shhh, I won't tell anyone.

Karen said...

Hope tomorrow is a better day! LOL

Mia Celeste said...

You poor kid. Hope things get better for you.

Anonymous said...

Your secret (well if you had one, or 13) is safe with me.

"A permanent state of disaster" That pretty much sums up my whole house! *LOL*

Julie said...

I love your lists! Too funny! :)
Mine is finally up too by the way!

janetfaye said...

LOL Great list! I can surely relate to the second one.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Awww.... sounds like a rough day, hon. In your quest for a gluten free heaven, whatever you do, do not eat Bob's Red Mill Gluten free chocolate chip cookies. While they are warm they are pretty good, if a bit too sweet and the texture is great. After 3 or 4 you begin to worry about eating a cookie that tastes like garbanzo beans. If you lose control and eat 6, you will be sooooory. I have never had such bad gas in my life! LMAO. It was terrible!
Happy TT!
I'm up with TT#26- A Lil Too Straight?

Anonymous said...

So, I'm not the only one who talks to the pets? *lol*

Twitter