Jan 5, 2009

Just a mom

Well Princess Belle is off to school once again and Princess Magpie will be awakening any moment all in a flutter because she hasn't eaten in an whole 2 hours and how will she survive? But I had to stop by and have a chat with you.

I remember a time when I was interesting. I used to have funny sarcastic things to say. I was entertaining. I had opinions. I had a viewpoint. These days I seem to have lost that somewhat. If you want to know what diet is the best for you or what recipe will suit your needs, I am the girl to talk to, but if you want to know about current events, you will have to wait until I get a moment to read newspaper I got three days ago.

I get out more now than I used to when I first became a mom. Not a lot, but as often as I want to. I just feel like if my old self met my new self, I would quite possibly find me boring.

Diapers, dinners and homework have replaced opinions, humor and viewpoints. I have become a mom, I am happy with that, I love being a mom, it is quite simply who I always wanted to be. I am just not sure if that is enough for the people around me. I am content in my life. I like early morning rushes to get Princess Belle off to school. I like late night cuddles with Princess Magpie. I like evenings spent with Prince Charming watching shows while he cuddles the puppy.

My blog isn't funny anymore. It is just me, my life and all the parts I share with you.

Now apparently I have to stop sharing because Princess Magpie is calling to her mommy again and we find is bad form to let our children starve these days.

Before I go, I wanted to share some scrapbook layouts from when my now almost 7 year old Princess Belle was only 3 1/2 years old. Time certainly does fly.



4 comments:

Messy Jess said...

ah, you may be different from who you were before but you have become something new and have found joy in giving up parts of yourself for something greater - and friends who understand what it is like to be a mom and share those little moments with you. I've enjoyed reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

I don't miss my pre-parent days... I like being just a mom. :D ... But I do wish I LOOKED the same as I did back then. *lol*

Fantastagirl said...

"just a mom"... ha! Lady - you are everything and so much more. I may not always comment (sorry) but I enjoy reading, I enjoy the pictures of your princesses and I love how creative you are.

'just a mom', you my friend are so much more.

(I know you love love love being a mom... so don't get me wrong..)

Anonymous said...

Am certain the old you would find the new you quite fascinating! Look at all the wonders you have have created! I love your positive outlook on life... as shown in your blog and captivated in your pics! And 2 princesses! They are just adorable!

Twitter