Nov 9, 2008

I'm a fraud

I have had two blog friends stop by and mention to me that they surprised at how much I get done. I am here to tell you I am a fraud. Most of the time, my beautiful baby girl is glued to my arms and I am lucky if I can manage to make supper and get the dishes done. I am so far behind on everything that I would be one of those crazy women who cleans before cleaners came (if I had cleaners coming. I don't. Maybe Santa could get me one . . . mmm . . . Santa? Are you listening? . . . anyhoo back to our otherwise scheduled confession)

I have mountains of laundry, my floor is begging me to wash it, the dishes are sitting in the drying rack waiting to be put away, I have projects planned for weeks in advance, but I am not getting them done. I am trying to take advantage of any baby free arm moments to try to get something, anything, done.

It isn't that I get a lot done, it is that I get so little done that when I finally get something (anything at all) accomplished, I feel the need to announce it to the world. I have to run on here and share that at least one corner of my house is not a disaster.

Speaking of that, I have decided that I am only allowed to have one clean area at a time. Because when I do get time to finally attack one area of the house, the rest of the house goes to pot while I am not looking. I swear gremlins come in and cackling madly, scattering junk and mess randomly around the house,while I am busy working somewhere else. It makes me want to move into the one are of my house that is currently clean and abandon the rest to the gremlins, Princess Belle and Prince Charming to wreak havoc on.

So there is my confession. If you read my blog anytime in the near future and I have accomplished something, be impressed that something got done, but then be aware that the gremlins have been freed on the rest of the house and it is currently a complete disaster.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

and here I thought you had some magic secret for getting all that you do get done, done. You are doing what is most important - being with that precious, beautiful baby...

Anonymous said...

Hey... I don't blame you one bit!... If I had a baby it would be glued to my arms too... That is if I could pry it away from 4 older, adoring brothers and sisters. *lol*

I am Koogle... said...

Hahaha. I hear you loudly and clearly! :)

Twitter