Sep 2, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday


My Tackle this week should be attempting to get more sleep. But instead I have done a lot today. I did got more of Mount Laundry conquered, I cleaned up my living room, I swept the floor, and I rearranged the furniture in the living room so that I can put the playpen in a more convenient, less obtrusive position. I am pleased with the results.

Yesterday, I finally managed to give Princess Mag-pie a real bath in a bathtub as opposed to a sponge bath. I had been waiting for something to put in the bathtub to make it easier and more comfortable for her. Last night, I decided to try something. I folded up a bath towel and lay it down inside the baby bathtub. Then, after putting the water inside the tub, I lay the baby down in there for her bath. I was prepared for screaming. I warned Princess Belle that she wouldn't like it and she would scream. However, she was amazingly calm. She lay there quietly looking at me while I washed her (with her big sister's help of course. LOL) And I have pics to share.

Before:






After:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea - glad it worked for you!!

Anonymous said...

That is a good idea... We had a tub kind of like that (but white), but I used it as a transitional tub when they started sitting up, before they got too big for it and I put them in the big bath tub... For when they were infants I had an infant tub with a sloped back. I used it every night from the time they came home, until they could sit up on their own... I love, love, love giving babies a bath! :D (I also used it as part of their bedtime routine)

Anonymous said...

I miss those times w/the kids. I hope God blesses us w/another baby or 2.

~michelle pendergrass said...

Oh goodness, baby baths. That made me want another just a little bit. I can almost smell that clean baby smell!

Great tackle!!

Tasha said...

Great idea I think I might have to try it...Ben HATES his bathes.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for Emily's cord to fall off so she can get in the tub! She does not like a sponge bath, so I'm sure she won't like the dunk either. We'll see.

Twitter