Aug 7, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #58

Thirteen Things on Twisted Cinderella's Mind!
  1. When I has Princess Belle 6 1/2 years ago, I was so stressed. I wanted to make breastfeeding work, I wanted to be a great mom, I wanted to do this right. All I can remember about her first 6 weeks is the struggle to breastfeed.
  2. This time, I am so in love with my baby. I am just enjoying Princess Magpie so much. I soak up my time with her loving on her, cuddling her, chewing on her adorable chubby cheeks. I feel no stress at all. I am just in pure blissful love.
  3. Princess Belle loves her sister too. She relishes any way that she can help. She is so proud of her sister.
  4. The other night I made fried rice. It was one of those throw things we have together recipes and it turned out really well. I put in flax seeds, sunflower seeds, eggs, some frozen vegetables, soya sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, and long grain rice. It turned out amazing.
  5. My friend gave me this game Phlinx. It is completely addictive.
  6. I am having a hard time following doctor's orders to not do anything so that my blood pressure comes down. That is just not easy to do.
  7. I find myself cuddling Princess Magpie even when she is going to sleep. People say I am going to spoil her and I know they are right, but it feels like I am spoiling me.
  8. Princess Belle is going bowling today. It is very cute. She says she is going to "bowlings house". She is going to have so much fun.
  9. My friend got a job yesterday. I am so happy for her. She put out 4 resumes, got three interviews and a job within 24 hours.
  10. It is raining here again. I hate that the rain keeps me inside.
  11. I feel a little like I missed the summer. In the early summer, I was waiting to have the baby. In the middle of summer, I was in the hospital for 3 weeks. And now we are at the end of summer and it is raining and keeping us inside.
  12. I am so impressed with how well I have healed from the surgery. I feel great. Well, aside from the stupid blood pressure which is bugging me, because I didn't expect that.
  13. I am proud that my blood sugar went back to normal. I have no signs of diabetes at all now that I have had the baby. Yay!!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your blood sugar went down! Yay! ... And, in my opinion, you CAN'T spoil a 2 week old baby by holding it too much! When my kids were babies, everyone told me that I held them too much... And you know what? I am SO GLAD that I did it anyway! *lol*

Anonymous said...

I agree with julie ... Hug her as much as you can because it comes all too soon when they believe themselvesvto be too big for all that.

It might even help the blood pressure :)

Best wishes to you and yours.

Twitter