May 18, 2008

Weather Woes and breakfast fun.

Well the weatherman over here lied! He promised us a sunny weekend and this morning I woke up to a dreary rainy day. I turned on the weather channel to check out this travesty on our long weekend and they had the nerve to say that it was currently sunny! I looked out at the liquid sunshine that was gracing our presence and thought, "Sunshine?! Where? California?"

Anyway, not wanting to let the stinky weather spoil our day, I decided to make a big breakfast for the family to enjoy, a nice breakfast of hash browns, bacon, toast, and eggs. When Princess got up out of bed shortly after I did, she greeted me with her breakfast request. Yes, you heard that right, she did not say, "Good Morning Mommy!". She did not say, "I love you, Mommy!". She opened her door and looked at me and said, "Can we have pancakes?". So being the gracious mommy that I am, I pulled out a recipe for pancakes and proceeded to make, bacon, hash browns, and pancakes for breakfast. The recipe for pancakes made a LOT more than I had expected and I have a sneaking feeling I will be storing some to warm up in the toaster for breakfast for the next few days.

After making 15 pancakes one at a time in our frying pan, I had spent almost 2 hours in the kitchen at breakfast. I sat down and thought how silly it was that I got up made breakfast and now after I was done, I was ready for a nap again. I was DONE!

I have managed to get a start on the nursery now though. It is starting to come together a little at a time. I am so relieved to be doing it now. I am working around the little pile of things I need Prince Charming to move. That way his love for putting things off, is not slowing down my already pokey slow progress. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Twitter