Jul 15, 2007

Planning Works

I did it. I made up my menu plan. I will share the actual plan for the week tomorrow, but one of the recipes I tried last night. It was quick to prepare and then just cooked away while I did other things. It was really good. I served it with diced fresh tomatoes and it was really tasty. Leftovers made a good breakfast too! Here is the recipe:

JK's Sausage Casserole
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings
"Cheesy casserole with bread slices, egg and savory sausage."
INGREDIENTS:
1 pound fresh, ground pork
sausage
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 slices bread
6 eggs
2 cups milk
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a skillet, brown the sausage, drain and place in a square casserole dish. Cover top of sausage with onion slices. Cover top of onion with cheese. Place 4 slices of bread on top of the cheese. Bread should fit exactly to cover top of the dish.
3. Mix eggs and milk in a bowl and slowly pour over top of bread, mixture should fill dish almost to the top.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Twitter