Jun 25, 2007

Secret Agents Belle

Secret Agent Belle

Princess seems to have been spending a lot of time contemplating her future lately. She will be playing away in her room quietly when she will come out to the top of the stairs and call out to us, "Daddy? I know what I want to be when I grow up now." and he responds, "Oh yeah? What is that?" and she answers very definitely, "A movie rewinder in a movie store." He answers her seriously, "That sounds like a great idea." and she trots happily off to bed. The he looks at me and laughs, "You think there is a big career in that?"

Other jobs have come up as well. Yesterday, this conversation took place:

Princess: "Daddy, I don't want to be a Rock star anymore. Can you use my rope to make a circle over my head?"
Prince Charming: "A circle over your head? Why? What do you want to do?"
Princess: "I want to be a cowboy and I want to throw the circle over my head."
Prince Charming: (a light of understanding dawning in his eyes)"Aaaah, I see. Lets see what I can do." (he ties a circle in her rope.
Princess: "Can you show me how to throw it?"
Prince Charming: "Baby, I can't. Even Daddy doesn't know how to do that."
Princess: "Well fine. I don't want to be a cowboy anymore." (the rope gets abandonned at her feet as she trots off sulkily.)

Last night, while Prince Charming was talking on the phone, Princess came out of her room and called down the stairs, "Daddy, I don't want to be a cowboy anymore now I know what I want to be." And Prince Charming with a smile on his face awaiting the next rendition of how cute can she be answered, "Oh yeah? What would you like to be when you grow up?" Princess announces "I want to be a secret agent." Needless to say, Prince Charming was somewhat suprised by this latest development but after Movie Rewinder no job would be too surprising. With a little grin he asked, "And what does a secret agent do?" She stopped, confused for a moment as to how to demonstrate her 5 year old understanding of what a secret agent does, then she hunched her shoulders, held her little hands in front of her, bent her knees and began to tiptoe, "They do this." It was so comical, and just like something out of a cartoon, you could just hear the Pizzicato music from the Bugs Bunny and Tweety show. "Oooh, they sneak around like that do they?" Prince Charming asked. "Yeah they do. And when monsters come, they do like this." And then with little arms and legs flying in her best karate chop Bruce Lee impersonation, she showed him how she figured they would beat the big bad monsters. Now I ask you, how can you possibly get upset with her for coming out her room when she is supposed to be sleeping when she has to go and be sooo darned cute.

First Blog

I went back and found my first blog ever. It was funny to read and some of it had me laughing so hard. I did notice that I was quite sarcastic and unhappy a lot back then. I would love to carry some of that sarcastic humor to this blog, but then I would have to be as unhappy and angry to get me to that place and I don't particularly want to be there. So you are stuck with me, a somewhat less funny, but much happier me.

Blog Rating

I got my blog rating. It was too funny to learn that apparently I am completely harmless and suitable for all audiences.

blog rating

Mingle2 - Blog Rating

No comments:

Twitter