Apr 3, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

It is Tackle It Tuesday. I decided to tackle the kitchen and living room this week. I forgot to take before pics but I searched through some pics that I have to give you an idea.









And now after some hard work and finally convincing Prince Charming to take the deep freeze out of my kitchen, I love how bright and spacious and pretty my kitchen looks. Well as pretty as it can look with all my old furniture and stuff, but you get the idea.




And as for the living room, I put it back to the way it used to be. I figured that if Prince Charming didn't like it any better than the way it was before then I was going to put it back to the way I liked it. These are older pics but it looks almost the same, minus the clutter that is in these pics.




Here is one from today, still a little clutter. Little Princess's toy is on the couch. I know these couches don't match anything, and I don't like the wall color. But I am working on it one day at a time, one little bit of spare money at a time. Well the spare money that I don't spend on groceries. LOL:
Little Princess wanted to wear a dress to school today. Since she is only five and keeping her panties covered is more like a dream than even a suggestion of a possibility, I put a little pair of shorts underneath. She was so excited. "Take a picture of me watching my show mommy!" she called out. And I, ever with the camera close at hand, was happy to oblige.


Vegetarian Soup

Avocado Spinach Soup
Adapted from Better Food for Babies and Their Families

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut up
3/4 cup fresh, raw spinach
1/4 cup parsley (opt.)
1 cup vegetable broth
3/4 cup unsweetened milk (soy, nut, etc.)
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Eat as is or warm up on the stove in a pan. Enjoy!
Note: This soup is super creamy and delicious. You won't believe it's good for you! I garnished with a few sliced grape tomatoes which were really delicious with the soup.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Your daughter has the sweetest smile.

Great job on your weight loss! You look amazing! I lost a lot of weight a few years ago. I think its the hardest thing I've ever done.

Cory said...

Good job!!! Those rooms look awesome! I wish I could get something nice set up in my kitchen and dining room to hold everything!!!
And she is adorable sitting there.

By the grace of God ... said...

Super job on the organization. Need to get my house like that!!
One step at a time...

Great job on your weight loss!! I'm hoping to accomplish that too!

Jose said...

What a great concept. I will have to try something similar and get my butt in gear cleaning and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your house looks awesome!!! Great job! I know what you mean by worrying about running out of food. I am the same way when the cuppords start getting low.. :-)

Kat said...

Great job. I tried a tackle this week too. I have to make that soup its looks so good!

mira said...

Looks great! You really worked hard on everything. I really like the little shrine, that seems like a peaceful touch.

Arlene said...

Your kitchen looks amazing!! Will you come do mine please :-)

Marcia Francois said...

Hi there

This is a great tackle - and those cupboards are SOOOO neat.

I loved your MOnday memories post about the groceries. Wow.

Marcia
http://takechargeofyourlife.blogspot.com
http://organisingtips.blogspot.com

Tracy S said...

wow you are all cleaned up... They both look great!! You have inspired me to get to cleaning...Well as little as I can do on my medical restriction right now. Your rooms both look so bright and cheerful.

Your little girl is precious.

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words on the pictures.

Tracy S said...

oh and thanks for the recipe.. It sounds awesome. I am going to try it.

Shera said...

What I wouldn't give to have a kitchen that was as organized and clean as yours - talk about a fairy tale! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's looking wonderful! What a nice home you have. Well done with the tackles.

Love that soup too, it looks delicious - must try it sometime!

Nancy said...

Great organization skills! Soup looks yummy =)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Great job! Your rooms look terrific. That soup sounds wonderful too. I'm going to have to try that.

Fantastagirl said...

The rooms look awesome - you did a great job with the kitchen - I love how everything has a place. I want that in my kitchen, right now it's a disaster zone!

Anonymous said...

Your house is much neater than mine . . .

Twitter