Feb 13, 2007

Tuesday Talk

Odd thing about me

An odd thing about me that I thought I would share is that I am horribly disturbed by things that distort our body in commercials in movies. I am not talking about icky gross things but things that make someones face look out of shape, sword swollowing, hanging from piercings or something awful of that sort really bothers me. Scary movies with horrible axe murderers lingering in the closet are fine, but shows like Ripleys Believe it or Not or those awful Sega commercials from a few years ago are completely icky to me. I am weird, I know but there it is.

Veggie Diet

I made up a recipe for my lunch yesterday which was wonderful. I had 1/2 can Romano Beans left in the fridge and and I decided to try to include that in my lunch. I mashed them up with a little seasoning and they came out tasting like refried beans. Then I took 2 whole wheat tortillas, and spread the beans on them. After that I chopped up random things from my fridge and piled it on: mushrooms, zucchini, roasted red peppers, Yves "Salami" slices, and Veggie Cheese. I put them in the oven and baked them until the edges of the tortillas were crispy and brown. It was wonderful. Definitely something to play around with and see what other combinations I can come up with.

I am craving something like stew today. Something richy and warm and yummy. I am going to go through my recipes to see what I can come up with for that. I am open to any healthy veggie stew ideas you guys may have too!

Exercise

I also did my exercises. I did a Walking Pilates video. It feels good to be getting back into the swing of things and really taking care of myself again. And that doesn't count how much exercise I have gotten doing 3 loads of laundry, cleaning the living room and kitchen and the floors. Not too shabby for a monday, I must say!




Scrapping


I am having fun getting back at my scrapping and looking through all the pics I have wanted to get done. Here are a couple I did yesterday!





6 comments:

Emmy said...

Your lunch sounded really good. I love any type of beans and tortilla combo for a quick lunch.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,
long time....I was just reading back and realised you're now vegeterian, congrats. I made a yummy egg curry with rice the other day. Will try and get you the recipe.

Cory said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going good.

I understand you on that weird out factor. Those bother me a little bit too.

Hope you are enjoying being a home body again, and glad the new diet is going well!

Anonymous said...

That lunch sounded yummy. I love to make impromtu things like that.

I LOVE the way your blog looks! It's fabulous!

Sally JPA said...

Yum, your improv sandwich sounds tasty.

urban vegan said...

You've been busy! Those scrapbook pages look so nice.

Twitter