Feb 16, 2007

Friday Five




1. Idea
Inspired by the show "Fixing Dinner" I am going to make an effort to make meals that please my Picky Daughter and my Carnivore Husband but I can eat too as a vegetarian. Some days that may be as simple as using Yves veggie ground round other days it may involve me making a variation for me. This experiment should be fun!

2. Mommy Guilt
Now I feel bad. Yesterday, Little Princess said she was "tired" and didn't want to go to school. The problem is every morning, she says she is "tired" or has a "bad tummy" or something similar and it is just her way of saying she doesn't want to go to preschool. Well yesterday was the same and I felt her and she had no fever, so I sent her in. 2 hours later, they call me and she is running a fever and is sent back home. I SENT HER IN SICK!!! I can only justify it by saying that I had no way of knowing that she really was sick this time. She napped and felt better afterwards.

3. Diet Ponderings

I am wondering if dieting and working to lose weight plays with your metabolism. I have been losing weight steadily (well except for the past few months I have been kinda plateaued/struggling) for over a year now. I have lost 60 lbs and I am wondering if doing this for that long is part of what makes my body react so strangely to the vegetarian diet. Hmmm . . . . it is something to wonder about. But in the end it doesn't matter. This battle between me and my body is on and I will shed this fat. I will NOT gain back the weight I worked so hard to lose. I am positive that counting points while doing the veggie thing will help and show results soon.

4. Kinderstart

Today is the day that we take Little Princess to Kinderstart. A program where in the year leading up to kindergarten, you take your child in to the school to prepare her and for her to meet the teachers and all those sorts of things. Little Princess missed the first one last month. And now yesterday, she was sick and running a fever. I am hoping that when she gets up today she will be feeling better. I will feel really bad if she has to miss again. It is only for about an hour I think, but I really want her to be ready for kindergarten next year. I worry about this stuff.

5. Prince Charming

I am loving that I have more energy and time for Prince Charming and Little Princess. Prince Charming has been so supportive and wonderful while I was stressed out and I love that we can be open to each other about whatever is on our minds. I love that we can still get talking and sit up half the night talking to each other. I love that he is a Galahad, needed to ride in on his white horse and save those he feels need his defending. It is kind of like he wears a sign like the statue of liberty, "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free" except his is "Bring me your weak and downtrodden, your damsels in distress and those your huddled masses being tromped on by the people in charge".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

having a supportive prince charming makes things much easier, doesn't it? i used to get mad when my b/f would say things like, "should you be eating that? is that okay on your plan?" but i know he is just watching out for me... that or he doesn't want to hear me complain come weigh-in day... ha!

have a nice weekend... :o)

Lazy Daisy said...

Don't beat yourself up about sending a child to school sick...it's hard to tell when they really are sick or if they would just rather stay home.

Hope your body adjusts to your new eating plan ....don't get discouraged you've done so well. Hugs!

Twitter