Oct 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen--about TC


Thirteen Things About TC
  1. I was met the man I would marry at 28 years old.
  2. I always said I would like to have my first child before I was 30.
  3. I turned 30 two months after she was born.
  4. I wouldn't have been ready to a mother before that, even though I thought I was.
  5. I love 80s music and movies. They remind me of when I was young.
  6. Careless Whispers and Time after Time will always make me a little melancholy.
  7. The first movie I went to with my friends and no parents was Back to the Future. I still love that movie.
  8. I used to have a crush on Corey Hart and Patrick Swayze.
  9. I still love Patrick Swayze. Dirty Dancing is one of my favorite movies. I always rewind and watch the end twice.
  10. I would love to have a vegetable garden but I am afraid to because I don't know what I am doing.
  11. The idea of a new place, a new beginning is exciting for me because of all my moves. But the idea of moving, of leaving everyone, of packing my stuff, of paying all that money, of beginning again, terrifies me, exhausts me, and depresses me. I don't want to do it anymore.
  12. I used to love moving as a kid. I loved the adventure of a new beginning. My favorite thing was my first night in a new place. I will never forget the first time I lived in a city, that first night looking out the window at all those lights, I was awestruck.
  13. Prince Charming still has the ability to look at me and completely take my breath away. I love that.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  1. Tug
  2. Knitting Maniac
  3. Tinker
  4. KaY
  5. Janene
  6. Caylynn
  7. aka_Meritt
  8. Barbara
  9. ribbiticus
  10. kailani
  11. leave a comment and I will link you here


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

How NICE. Enjoy your prince, and your little one.....

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

# 13!! How romantic! What a great list!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with 5..who said disco is dead? I can still do a mean hustle

Anonymous said...

Mine's up and it's my 1st time to participate. =)

I love Dirty Dancing as well. And we have the same view on moving.

Anonymous said...

Great list ~ Careless Whispers will now be stuck in my head as I try to fall asleep tonight. :) That's okay, though ~ love the song.

And Dirty Dancing...who doesn't watch the ending twice "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." :)

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Great list. :) I used to have a crush on Corey Hart too. In fact, I think everyone at our Girl Guide camp one summer did! :D

Thanks for sharing and happy TT. :)

Anonymous said...

The great thing about vegetable gardens is you DONT have to know a thing. Just try it. My first year ever I remember I planned everything out and planted. I didn't get much, and some things like broccoli and cauliflower never grew at all, but lettuce and beans are pretty forgiving, and if you buy tomatoes from established plants (not seeds!) you'll have amazing luck with those too.

Give it a try!!!

Anonymous said...

Great list. I loved Dirty Dancing - love Patrick! We used to have a vegetable garden years ago, but decided it was easier to buy the vegetables and probably less expensive, although it's rewarding to grow your own.

My TT is up.

Anonymous said...

i love #13. you are such a lucky girl! mine's up too! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's so great to see two people so much in love. Great TT!

Anonymous said...

I love when people are happy in love. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for helping us get to know you.
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Great 13! I liked Dirty Dancing but not enough to put it on my list of fav 13 movies. I remember it was popular right before I went on a cruise in my twenties as a single. Grease - now that was a real fav. I should have thought of that too. However I have watched it so many times I'm not sure I could watch it again. LOL

Anonymous said...

What a terrific list! (Love your blog, too.) Patrick Swayze's always been a favorite - did you see him in To Wong Foo? Have a very happy TT and a wonderful weekend. And thanks for stopping by to visit!
DK
http://aflyoverblog.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I love your #13. SO Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Great list. Love Dirty Dancing and Patrick Swayze too. My T13 is up late

Twitter