Sep 26, 2006

Food Fights and other mommy stuff

Woohoo she is has discovered the wonder that is eating! I finally seem to be knocking it into Little Princess's head that food is NOT the enemy. She has been eating a whole range of things from carrot sticks to peanut butter and jelly and soup, and the list goes on and on. The list of foods that are no longer on the restricted list goes on.

This is such a hard battle for me. I have eating issues. I suffer from empty plate syndrome. I don't want to pass along my isses to my daughter but at the same time, I want her to be exposed to and eat a wide variety of foods. This mothering thing really should come with a manual. Each kid should come with a notebook tied to their toes that explains all their likes and dislikes as well as all the tricks to get your child to grow up to be the healthy well-adjusted adult we are all trying to create.

And while we are at it, there are a few other requests that would be helpful. You know, a password that automatically pottytrains your child when spoken would be nice. A button on the back that switches temper tantrum child back into loving helpful child would be good as well. Do you have any requests? I am sending in my letter as soon as I figure out who can make these changes for me.

On the other hand, I do have to brag a little. Little Princess is doing so much better. Her temper tantrums have cut way back. She enjoyed preschool yesterday, her teacher even mentioned how much better she was doing. *insert proud mommy moment*. And she wants to do everythings for herself. She insists on putting her own peanut butter on the sandwich, on cutting up weiners and putting them in the microwave for her snack, on getting her own milk. I swear she is four going on forty. I had to put a bunch of plastic knives in the drawer for her. She knows that these are her knives and she is so proud of it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, she looks sooo grown up in the picture! What a little lady.

Anonymous said...

If you happen to find said manual, send it to me k?

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you, but I don't think it would work, because just when you start to figure them out - then change their minds again...lol!

Anonymous said...

A good instruction manual would help. "Congratulations, Here's your kid and here's the manuals to go with her/him. One for Infancy, One for Toddlerhood, One for Early Childhood, One for Pre-teens, One for Teenagers, One for College kids, ... and then, when you are through with that - here's one for your Adult children including Weddings and In-laws. Then, ... when you have Grandchildren start from manual one all over again. Have a nice day! Don't forgeT the car set, to save for retirement, wash the windows and eat your veggies!! BuBye!"

But then again, what would we talk about if things were that easy. :>

Heather

Anonymous said...

Who hoo!

I suffer from Empty your plate syndrome too - but at the same time - Tink does need to eat.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's great Princess wants to be so independent. She's growing up to be such a 'lil lady!

Anonymous said...

Even if kids came with a manual with my luck, I'd have the wrong make and model. We've been doing very good in the food department. We have snacks and sweets and they are allowed not as punnishment or reward, just to have.

Katie has free reign over the crisper drawer at all times. I keep carrot sticks, prepared celery, apples, pears, grapes and all sorts of munchies that she can have at any time. So can I for that matter.

As hard as we do try, there are some things she will not eat. Beans of any kind and recenly green peppers are a huge yuk. If I remember I didn't like green peppers as a child either.

I'm praising the Lord like crazy these past few weeks. I think (knock on wood) that we don't have to buy Pull-ups or night time diapers anymore! Finally! I so don't want her to grow up but yet I do in some ways.

I just found out that I have another year before she even begins school. She was born 11/7 and the cut off to be 5 years old for kindergarten here is 10/31.

Twitter