Nov 29, 2005

When did I sign up for that part of the contract?

Somewhere along the way, I think I got on the wrong bus. I often think how different my life is than I had planned but there are moments when I am sitting here bleary eyed, feeding Little Princess her breakfast,I wonder where I went wrong. I remember saying for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, but I missed the part that says that I am the morning person, I am the housework person, I will take care of things and he is the stay up all night, sleep all day, get up around 1 pm person. Because had that been on the options list, I am pretty sure I would have signed up for a day or two of it. You know, you can have the night owl options on Monday through Saturday, but on Sunday . . . wake me and you DIE!

Now don't get me wrong, I love My Prince Charming. But there are times, I wonder how he got such a good deal out of this whole affair. Oh well . . . he also misses the morning cuddles, the morning bright as sunshine smiles and greetings and the extra time I take for myself in the quiet.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems as if the line between what the dads are expected to do and what the moms are expected to do gets blurry. I just keep pointing out to mine, when he gets a little unfocused, that he'd better get his butt in line! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well the one positive about mine being a night person is that he did the 2 am feedings for me so I could sleep, so I can't complain too much about that...lol!

Anonymous said...

Life gets so much easier when the kids want to sleep in. You're only about 10 years away from that- hang in there ;-)

I agree - morning cuddles are worth their weight in gold.

Anonymous said...

oh how i love reading about your kingdom! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Please. If you are male and in a relationship? For the most of them, they got the killer deal, lol.

Anonymous said...

you didn't get on the wrong bus, you should have asked for a first class ticket instead of coach. does make for an interesting ride though, huh?

Anonymous said...

I'm exactly the Prince Charming you described but I ain't married yet. But when I do get my Princess, I'd surely change.

Anonymous said...

I hear yah!

Oh thank you for your words of encouragement on my blog.

Right now I need it.

Anonymous said...

I have the same thoughts with my "Prince charming". I told him the other day "you don't know how many nights when I am up with the baby and you are snoring away that I come so close to punching you in the face". The worst thing is that he is completly clueless about it all.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a morning person either, and this part of the "kids" deal is the worst part. So far. I'll let you know when he gets his driver's license--then he'll have me up at night waiting for him to get home instead.

Anonymous said...

lol yeah my fire is a prince
he gets annoyed because at 630 I say 30 more minutes
7am ->30 more minutes
7:30-->30 more minutes
8-->30 more minutes

I hate winter its toooo cold and the bed is soooooo nice

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to say what a jerk my hubby was when the kids were little. He's still oblivious. The kids know who they can count on still and will do much more for me willingly than for him. They are all grown up now so it's paying off yet and the harder bits have faded away in my memory.

Anonymous said...

I can only say I completely understand this entire post! :)

Twitter