Nov 30, 2005

From the Depths of Login Hell

Sometimes, dial-up sucks. Well . . . it sucks all the time, but sometimes it sucks worse than others. I am a part of mothers group. It is a wonderful group of great ladies whose company and opinions I value very much. However, since I have dial-up I have troubles logging in to the group. I log in and I stay logged in until Prince Charming deletes the cookies on our computer. The minute he does that I am stuck in login hell again. I log in, then I navigate to the page, and the site says, "no no no, you need to log in first." to which I of course reply, "I DID log in, stupid computer!". This carries on for an eternity until I give up and try later. When I try later, we argue some more and then finally I am logged in.

But then, the next time I sit down to the computer, Prince Charming has again deleted the cookies and I am returned once again to login/dial-up hell!!!! AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell him no more real cookies for him if he keeps deleting your cookies! lol! I hated dialup and I don't miss it a bit. Poor you. :(

Anonymous said...

I feel for you!! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

i didn't know anyone had dial up anymore???
don't you have cable or satalite or anything like that out there?

Anonymous said...

Damn those computer cookies! They leave crumbs all over your desk!

Anonymous said...

Cable hook up is the best money spent. I would have a hard time giving it up. There are many other things I would give up first.

Anonymous said...

No high speed internet of any kind is available here. They say sometime in the next two years!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hate that when some eats up my cookies. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Why is Prince Charming deleting all those cookies? It's possible to keep things neat and clean on the computer without deleting the cookies so much... Those cookies are generally there for a good reason. It's always good to clean them out, but so often defeats their purpose (as you are noticing!).

Anonymous said...

I have dial-up too, at work and at home. My in-laws are too cheap to get dsl here at work and at home, since I live in the sticks, the only thing I can get is satellite internet which is $100/month and I just can't justify spending that kind of money for internet.

If only I worked out of the home or something and I could write it off, lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh my WORD, dial up SUUUUUCKS! I feel for you. Just tell the kind Prince to STOP foolin' with your cookies, lol!

Twitter