Oct 8, 2005

Will this never end????

If I ever tell you that I am moving again, please find me and slap me silly. Moving is NOT fun. This move is especially NOT fun! Every time I start to get a handle on things, I get the old one-two knockout punch.

I take a deep breath and relax, ahhh I found a house, we have movers, we have the budget lined up. All is good. But then the guy who owns the house rents to his uncle who is suddenly homeless due to a flood. Now the whole town is full of homeless people renting homes due to a massive flood. Trying renting a home now.

Every time anything seems to be lined up it falls through. So now, we have 17 days until the move and we have no place to live at the end of the month!!!! AAAAAAAAAAH!!

Our wonderful movers gave us a great deal on our move, but we have to move in 17 days and we can only take 30 boxes. 30 BOXES!!! I have to boil my life down to 30 boxes! 30 boxes for memories, for dishes, for clothes, for electronics, for books and movies and toys! OMG 30 BOXES!!!!

I swear this is like some cosmic joke and someone somewhere is pointing a camera laughing while I quietly freak out over one catastrophe after the other hitting me with this move.

I want this move to be over. Prince Charming suggested that maybe we should see if we can rescind our notice and move next month. OMG another month of this crap hitting me. I think I would just lose my mind. 30 days isn't going to get these people their homes back. 30 days will only mean that we will lose the deal with our movers and I will have 30 more days to freak out over this whole mess. I need this to be done.

Prince Charming wants to find the perfect house so that we never have to move again. I completely agree but I am starting to freak out and I am starting to be willing to live in anything to get me there.

You would think that after 33 moves. Moving would be old hat. My stuff should line up and hop into its assigned place in the boxes all by itself. But this move has shown me that moving is NEVER old hat! It is always a horrible ordeal! And this one was just more so. So if you ever hear me say that I think I would like to move again, read this to me, slap me silly, and remind me of the hell that this move was. I am sure to remember and change my mind. NEVER AGAIN!

No comments:

Twitter